Tiger Cross Hatch Wheel Trim Rings

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Does anyone have a picture of the early Tiger cross hatch wheel trim rings that they can post here? Pics will be much appreciated.

Rick

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Does anyone have a picture of the early Tiger cross hatch wheel trim rings that they can post here? Pics will be much appreciated.

Rick
1651786876446.png

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Wow! What a beautiful Tiger!. Thank you for the picture of your Tiger and the cross hatch trim rings. Much appreciated!

Rick
Hi Rick, that is Jim Lindler's Tiger. He's got it at The Greenbriar this weekend for a Concours show.

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Thanks Tony. Yes, that's a perfect picture of the illusive cross hatch trim ring. Do you have a set you want to sell?

Rick
Hi Rick
Sorry I do not have any spare trim rings to sell I think they were used only for a short time and later they changed the style to a slotted design.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This car has the other style of trim ring. They've been reproduced.

100_0557.JPG

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Interesting thing about the red Jim Lindler Tiger is it has 51 ‘diamonds’ on the trim ring whereas mine has 53 , I know mine are originals. Were there 2 different stampings when they were first manufactured or are the 51 ‘diamond’ wheel trims aftermarket ?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Interesting thing about the red Jim Lindler Tiger is it has 51 ‘diamonds’ on the trim ring whereas mine has 53 , I know mine are originals. Were there 2 different stampings when they were first manufactured or are the 51 ‘diamond’ wheel trims aftermarket ?
There are several aftermarket cross hatch trim rings form the period. They have difference around the valves stem, the dish and slot holes to moumt them to a rootes wheel and the number of hatches.

"Styla" made some in period and some triumphs also used them...similar but different