Tiger in a shed.....

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Can you see it? Found in Michigan last week-sat apart for 40 years. No cross member, engine, or rear end. Homemade fender flares. I could not see condition of the body and didn't want to dig it out to see it! One of the first 500 Tigers made. Owner will sell but not sure of a price yet.

Tiger in MI 2022.JPG

stevogts8

Bronze forum user
Interested in knowing more please. Would like to connect with owner for condition.
Thank you.
Steve

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Maybe the wheelbarrow deserves a tire kicking since it sounds like the Tiger has no tires to kick ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I would be interested. Any other parts included? What is shell like re. any prev. damage or rust? Does in include VIN? JAL? is it titled by current owner? Thanks

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I will check with the owner and get more info. Last time we talked he was applying for a lost title for it.

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Great picture BTW - I had to look twice to see the shell. 40 years - wow, and I thought my current project Tiger was taking too long to finish. If/when owner wants to discuss put me on the definately interested list - thanks.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It was a 94 degree day and hotter than that in the shed. So much stuff in the way I could not get close enough to see much! Waiting on more info from the owner.....

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Appreciate your time and letting us know. I was out doing body work in about same deg weather here in Denver - be safe looking over the tub

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I talked to him two weeks ago. Seems to be in no hurry to sort out the parts and take photos of what all is there along with photos of the body shell. Will post more info when I get it....

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I have a couple of Tiger front crossmembers in poor condition and an Alpine one in good condition, so at least a start on that part. I also have Tiger lower a-arms and steering arms... as well as the MGB arms for the quick steer mods

KenF

Gold forum user
Possible backstory....;)

40 years ago....

Husband: I'm sure glad we have this shed, great place to restore my Tiger. It's going to look so cool when it's done!

Wife: Yes, I really like it too. Can I store a few of my gardening tools on the other side?

Husband: Sure, that's fine, as long as I have room to work on my car. ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ’‹โ€๐Ÿ‘จ

38 years ago....

Wife: Sweetie, can you go to Home Depot for me and pick up a few pots and soil? I've got some plants I want to put out on the patio.

Husband: Sure honey, anything for you! ๐Ÿ˜

37.5 years ago....

Wife: Well, it looks like fall is coming, and it's too late to pot those plants. They're dead anyway! I'll just put the pots in on my side of the shed for next year. :oops:

Husband: Okay, that's fine. I'll move the Tiger over a little so it doesn't get scratched. Man! Sure wish I had more time to work on the Tiger! Life is just getting in the way. :unsure:

36 years ago....

Wife: I've got a lot more stuff for my gardening hobby. Sure wish I could store it in a dry place out of the weather!

Husband: Okay, I can move the Tiger over a little bit more. In fact, let me get rid of the engine and rear end that is just sitting around! That will give us a little more room! Nobody wants a 260 in a Tiger anyway! And the engine I'm going to build is going to need a Ford 9 inch rear end! I hear the stock Tiger front suspension is horrible! I think I'll get rid of that too! Someone told me a Mustang II frontend will work. (y)

35 years ago....

Wife: I don't know where to put all this gardening stuff! Old boxes, buckets, garden tools, hoses, wheel barrow, tomato cages. But I sure love gardening! Is there any room in the shed? ๐Ÿ˜‡

Husband: Well maybe you should throw away some of that crap! Sheessshhh! ๐Ÿ˜ . What do you want me to do? Hang the Tiger on the wall so it uses half the space it's taking now? The Tiger is hard enough to work on as it is, I'm never going to finish it! ๐Ÿ˜ข

Wife: Oh sweetie! You would do that for me? That would be fabulous! You're the best! ๐Ÿ˜˜

Husband: I can't believe she's making me do this! Oh well, shouldn't be too hard to do. I'll have some of my buddies over for a BBQ and we'll just pick it up and lean it against the wall. ๐Ÿคช

A few months ago...

Husband: Yeah, I've got me an original Sunbeam Tiger. It's probably worth $50,000 now as is! Do you want to see it? I know it's in here somewhere! I mean, how can you hide a Tiger! ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Wife: Honey, can you get the wheel barrow out while you're out there in our wonderful shed? ๐Ÿฅฑ

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Possible backstory....;)

40 years ago....

Husband: I'm sure glad we have this shed, great place to restore my Tiger. It's going to look so cool when it's done!

Wife: Yes, I really like it too. Can I store a few of my gardening tools on the other side?

Husband: Sure, that's fine, as long as I have room to work on my car. ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ’‹โ€๐Ÿ‘จ

38 years ago....

Wife: Sweetie, can you go to Home Depot for me and pick up a few pots and soil? I've got some plants I want to put out on the patio.

Husband: Sure honey, anything for you! ๐Ÿ˜

37.5 years ago....

Wife: Well, it looks like fall is coming, and it's too late to pot those plants. They're dead anyway! I'll just put the pots in on my side of the shed for next year. :oops:

Husband: Okay, that's fine. I'll move the Tiger over a little so it doesn't get scratched. Man! Sure wish I had more time to work on the Tiger! Life is just getting in the way. :unsure:

36 years ago....

Wife: I've got a lot more stuff for my gardening hobby. Sure wish I could store it in a dry place out of the weather!

Husband: Okay, I can move the Tiger over a little bit more. In fact, let me get rid of the engine and rear end that is just sitting around! That will give us a little more room! Nobody wants a 260 in a Tiger anyway! And the engine I'm going to build is going to need a Ford 9 inch rear end! I hear the stock Tiger front suspension is horrible! I think I'll get rid of that too! Someone told me a Mustang II frontend will work. (y)

35 years ago....

Wife: I don't know where to put all this gardening stuff! Old boxes, buckets, garden tools, hoses, wheel barrow, tomato cages. But I sure love gardening! Is there any room in the shed? ๐Ÿ˜‡

Husband: Well maybe you should throw away some of that crap! Sheessshhh! ๐Ÿ˜ . What do you want me to do? Hang the Tiger on the wall so it uses half the space it's taking now? The Tiger is hard enough to work on as it is, I'm never going to finish it! ๐Ÿ˜ข

Wife: Oh sweetie! You would do that for me? That would be fabulous! You're the best! ๐Ÿ˜˜

Husband: I can't believe she's making me do this! Oh well, shouldn't be too hard to do. I'll have some of my buddies over for a BBQ and we'll just pick it up and lean it against the wall. ๐Ÿคช

A few months ago...

Husband: Yeah, I've got me an original Sunbeam Tiger. It's probably worth $50,000 now as is! Do you want to see it? I know it's in here somewhere! I mean, how can you hide a Tiger! ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Wife: Honey, can you get the wheel barrow out while you're out there in our wonderful shed? ๐Ÿฅฑ
that is the difference between a "He shed" and a "she shed"!!!