Tiger Wheels Needed

Sgreg

Silver forum user
I would like to buy a nice used set of Panasports or Minilites. 15 X 6 inch is preferred but would consider 14 X 6 inch with the proper offset and width to clear A-arms and fenders. I do not want to do any trimming on the fender wells. Please PM me should you have a set to sell. Thanks and cheers.

Greg

Last edited:

Sgreg

Silver forum user
I would like to buy a nice used set of Panasports or Minilites. 15 X 6 inch is preferred but would consider 14 X 6 inch with the proper offset and width to clear A-arms and fenders. I do not want to do any trimming on the fender wells. Please PM me should you have a set to sell. Thanks and cheers.

Greg

The response has been underwhelming !! :D Surely someone has a few sets out there and could part with one.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Greg,

Im not surprised by the response... the odds of finding 15" panasports S/H are limted.. most people who have them will have only gone to that size in the last 4 years.. so limited S/H market.. and fitting larger wheels than that is a little problematic (if not a bit "ricer")

14x6 might be out there.. but if i think back i can only remember about 3 14' tiger sets on ebay in the last 4 years... and no 15's... might have to bite the bullet and order new.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. 14 would be the more likely hope.

65TigerNZ

Bronze forum user
Hi there.......reading the above post about larger dia wheels being problematic..... what size minilite/panasport wheel and tyre do the 'experts' recommend plse. Ive just purchased a car ex L.A. B382002642 which is currently stock standard but i'd like to put some period looking mags on it. thanks Graeme.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Graeme,

the cheapest option for you will be the aussie made superlites. They can be had in the 13, 14 and 15 variety for tigers with correct offsest, some people also go 1" wider on the rear to square the track.

As to body interference.. that can vary car to car and depends what tyres you run width v height. The critical issue normally is the lower leading edge of the front arch at the point it meets the valence.. when the wheels are on lock the tyre goes very close to the egde and if you are unlucky will catch.

Also you might want to put your ar on the AU/NZ Tiger register... PM me for the details and i can put you in touch with them.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Greg,

Im not surprised by the response... the odds of finding 15" panasports S/H are limted.. most people who have them will have only gone to that size in the last 4 years.. .
I had these on my Tiger back in the early 2000's---they have been around for awhile but I think most people that have them don't want to go back to the smaller size once they have these.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I had these on my Tiger back in the early 2000's---they have been around for awhile but I think most people that have them don't want to go back to the smaller size once they have these.

The LM and Fraser tigers ran 15" back in the 60's.. i guess what i was trying to say is that 15" on tigers/alpines has been a more recent thing, in the 1990's many moved to 14 and it was quite comon in the early 2000's. Around 2004-5 there seemed to be a big shift to 15's .. largely to do with tyre selection and also people fitting bigger front brakes that require them.

So odds are the chance of 15" second hand is much less than 14's.

Also graeme, the register should contact oyou soon. Lovely car.