Tirost

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Do we know if the registry can be conveniently accessed? Is Norm still ailing? Etc.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I've heard that Norm continues to improve. However for quite awhile he was not able to access his registry. That may have changed recently.
That's because I've also heard that after six months of effort, that Bill Martin now has access and that he now has a redundant copy.
Again, all of this is second hand.

I refuse to put a lot of faith on internet "facts" so please take what I've just written with a large grain of salt. I haven't confirmed any of it.
STOA has a meeting this weekend so we may hear more next week.
Buck

unbeam

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I've heard that Norm continues to improve. However for quite awhile he was not able to access his registry. That may have changed recently.
That's because I've also heard that after six months of effort, that Bill Martin now has access and that he now has a redundant copy.
Again, all of this is second hand.

I refuse to put a lot of faith on internet "facts" so please take what I've just written with a large grain of salt. I haven't confirmed any of it.
STOA has a meeting this weekend so we may hear more next week.
Buck
Any update on how best to access the Jensen registry? Cannot seem to access the Rootes1 website. I am just looking to find the type of key my cars originally came with . The Rootes certificate shows the 3 numbers, but not ST, RM or RL. Thanks, David

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I feel Bill Martin is the closest person to Norm. Bill can give the best answer to your questions about Norm.
As to the registry question, you can contact me directly and we'll try to find you an answer there as well. (I'm in & out of town quite a bit so forgive a slow response.)

LoadToad

Bronze forum user
A definitive answer on Norm and the registry would be nice. Update status of Rootes1 and accessibility would go a long way in decision to seek alternative source.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I've heard that Bill Martin regained access to it several months ago. I don't know what he plans to do with it.

Warren

Gold forum user
STOA is having a Zoom meeting next month. The topic probably will be discussed. I know guys that have been copying pages and everything that they see on his old site. Plus my last conversation with Norm was concerning the full pages being sent out with a Heritage certificate.
It was something like we're knackered.* That equals
@#$&"d.

One would hope that STOA could put it in it's member area just like their roster.

Warren

Gold forum user
They did have a meeting and it seemed up in the air over who the next caretaker would be of the registry.