Trunk Lid Buffer Brackets

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi All

I am looking for a set of trunk lid buffer brackets. I currently have some replacement non-OEM brackets on there. I am starting to think they might be the root of the uneven alignment between the lid and the body.

Condition of the brackets is not all that important, since I can probably clean them up pretty easily. As long as they are not bent out of shape etc. I have replacement buffers from SS in hand.

Thanks,

Jim

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Based upon the lack of responses, I guess there are not too many of these brackets floating aroiund out there. Luckily, Oneoffive found a set out in that barn of his and they are on the way.

Thanks...we will see if they help at all.

Jim

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim,

Missed this thread.. are you talking about the 2 brackets that mount to the boot (trunk) lid and have little rubber gromets that rest on the rear to stop the lid hitting the body? If so they are not to hard to come by.. they can mess up the alignment of the boot.. another thing to ensure is that they are mounted correctly.. it is possible to mount them backwards.. a member did that not long ago and ruined his new paintwork.. the return part of them faces inwarda nd goes under the double skin.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael

Those are the brackets I am talking about. I did not see them from any of the usual sources and had zero response to this threat except for Oneoffive.

...and oh yes, I was the guy who had them on backwards :( (although it was the paint shop that did it) causing the leading edge of trunk to jump the seal and impact the body causing a chip. :mad: (The paint shop made it right).

That said, the ones I have on now are non-OEM plastic ones. I am hoping the OEM brackets will help with the alignment between the trunk lid driver's side edge and the body...the trunk just sits a bit higher on that side.

Jim

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Cobra

Since I do not have the brackets in hand yet I do not have any photos available.

Go to the parts manual on the Tigers United site, click on the section for Body Fittings and go to Plate E.

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/factory_parts_list/Alpine/alpine_part_list.asp

The bracket(s) we are discussing is part number 316. The affix to the trunk lid just behind the leading edge and the rubber buffers that make contact with the seal affix to the bracket.

Tried to attach the diagram but file was too big.

Jim

Growler

Gold forum user
Sorry I did not see this earlier. I have an extra set that I recently purchased when my car was dissmantled and in the paint shop...I thought I was missing them and then when I recently went to put the car back together discovered that I had 2 sets. They are complete with rubber, but could use some paint. PM my if you are still interested.
Josh

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Growler

Thanks. Oneoffive came up with a set for me. They should be arriving in the mail soon.

Thanks again,

Jim

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
New Brackets in Place

Hi All,

Added some replacement SS rubber buffers to my new(old) brackets and put them on the car. Alignment of gap is much better. I then lengthened the holes on the bracket just a smidge so it would sit a bit closer to the trunk lid. That made the alignment even better. At this point it is close to flush, so I am declaring victory.

Cobra--see attached for the photos of the brackets in question that you requested.

Jim

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Thank you--I need to get by the bodyshop and see if I have any and if they are are aligned properly.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I stopped by the body shop today--I have them but the rubber is shot. What did you use?