Upcoming LAT Hoods!!!

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I’ve been playing fiberglass dude again. Thanks to Brian, who loaned me his LAT hood…molds are in progress to make new LAT hoods for our cars. Sanding and polishing time, more details as they happen.

B670BC0B-9AAC-4DCA-85C8-6CCB22887B10.jpeg

4E637D7F-82D7-4D5E-B96B-73AE99B1541B.jpeg

DC98E4D3-B703-4856-B45E-67BA5A931F6A.jpeg

Last edited:

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Can you provide just the top skin in order to replace the stock metal skin and mate the fiberglass skin with the hood's metal frame? (round corners). Cliff

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Can you provide just the top skin in order to replace the stock metal skin and mate the fiberglass skin with the hood's metal frame? (round corners). Cliff
After the minor detail fixes, sanding and polishing…Yes, I can provide just the outer skin. I’ll let the group know when things are ready.

Warren

Gold forum user
This could've been in the Stock section as LAT option gets a pass there. But like the fiberglass MK2 headlight ring I dropped off those can be available too. As well as the LAT replica fiberglass flares Walters dropped with Daniel.
Soon these all will likely become a parts for sale posting. As he told me he's using his down time to keep busy while the Tiger is in the garage waiting for repairs.

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Interesting idea to put fiberglass skin on top of steel hood inner metal frame - with todays bonding adhesives that might work out well ? has anyone done this yet and have any input

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Interesting idea to put fiberglass skin on top of steel hood inner metal frame - with todays bonding adhesives that might work out well ? has anyone done this yet and have any input
People have done it... That way they dont bow in the sun...
What would be nice would be to swage holes in thr inner skin to ligten it.. You already have to cut the inner skin for the naca ducts at the rear

Ash31479

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I have a spare round corner hood with a dent in it. It would be a perfect candidate for an LAT outer skin swap.

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Update time. I’ve been busy sanding and polishing. Inner skin mold done, fine tuning will come soon. Outer skin mold repairs on vents done, cutting hole for scoop opening. I’ve sprayed up the first inner skin and hope to have it done this week. Outer needs to have a few days of wet sanding before it is ready.

9D9710A7-AFC1-42E9-8462-A4C0FE7B338A.jpeg

854AD784-561F-43BB-8CC5-DDC31A8C06C1.jpeg

B0ABEFDA-9DA6-444D-A585-CD9CED5E5EFB.jpeg

Tigerbill

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I am very interested in seeing the finished results and to the possibility of acquiring one for my Tiger.

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Update time, guys. The molds, inner skin and outer are sanded and polished. Inner is ready for use, outer needs waxing several times before use. I’ll be adding more details soon.

8B89BCD7-51F3-4A4E-B3E9-5E882E1B482C.jpeg

051DDF33-56AE-4A5B-9030-AAE9CBBC6EF9.jpeg