Wanted Valance

KLtiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Hi all. I'm looking for a front valance in very good to new condition for my '64 Mk I. For background, and because I expect to be posting a lot more often in the future, I'm restoring my car which I bought in 1977. The car has mostly held the garage floor down these past decades. I have a fresh 289 5-bolt and a new Dale's front suspension installed so far. The existing valance is bent up with a layer of bondo on it--I need a really nice one to replace it with. I am mostly focused on just the mechanicals now, but I've got a few other things on the front of the car to get repaired (welding), so doing the valance now makes sense. (I'm in Colorado) Thanks! v/r, Keith

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Hi all. I'm looking for a front valance in very good to new condition for my '64 Mk I. For background, and because I expect to be posting a lot more often in the future, I'm restoring my car which I bought in 1977. The car has mostly held the garage floor down these past decades. I have a fresh 289 5-bolt and a new Dale's front suspension installed so far. The existing valance is bent up with a layer of bondo on it--I need a really nice one to replace it with. I am mostly focused on just the mechanicals now, but I've got a few other things on the front of the car to get repaired (welding), so doing the valance now makes sense. (I'm in Colorado) Thanks! v/r, Keith
I've bought several new ones from Jeff Howarth in the UK... they fit well. About the only complaint I can make is that the hole for the starter handle (in Alpine application) is undersized, but that's easy to resolve with the correct sized dimple die

KLtiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I've bought several new ones from Jeff Howarth in the UK... they fit well. About the only complaint I can make is that the hole for the starter handle (in Alpine application) is undersized, but that's easy to resolve with the correct sized dimple die
Thank you. I'll follow up with him and continue my search.