Weatherstrip installation

canomkr

Bronze forum user
Whats the trick or technique to installing this hardtop to windshield weatherstripping. How does one get the flat part into the track on the hardtop?
weatherstrip.jpg

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just did mine. I hooked the front lip of the seal over the outside of the hardtop and also put the front edge of the part of the seal into the track. Then used a plastic automotive trim tool with a flat front to work the back edge into the track about a quarter inch at a a time. You could also use a tool made out of a piece of hardwood or a popsicle stick to avoid damage to the paint. You could even use a flat bladed screwdriver that has been through the wars and doesn't have any real sharp edges but be careful to avoid damage to the paint.

It's one of those things that seems difficult at first but once you find a rhythm, it goes pretty quickly.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I just did mine. I hooked the front lip of the seal over the outside of the hardtop and also put the front edge of the part of the seal into the track. Then used a plastic automotive trim tool with a flat front to work the back edge into the track about a quarter inch at a a time. You could also use a tool made out of a piece of hardwood or a popsicle stick to avoid damage to the paint. You could even use a flat bladed screwdriver that has been through the wars and doesn't have any real sharp edges but be careful to avoid damage to the paint.

It's one of those things that seems difficult at first but once you find a rhythm, it goes pretty quickly.
I do it the same way using a nylon windshield seal tool