What the Archive Looks Like

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I was shocked at how much work the 4 Trustees that live in the Banbury area have to accomplished since our visit last fall.

The outside looks very nice: (photo)

They’ve created an attractive entry area: (photo)

After passing through the entry, you go into the board room (photo) which has a partition separating it from the main room to the left of the picture.

They’ve transformed the mezzanine area into a comfortable, beautiful and stylish work space for research: (photo) We spent some time working to improve the quality of some scans by rescanning them on one of the more modern scanners. Then Mark Theroux, Claudia and myself tried estimating the number of drawings in the drawing cabinets (53K) and the number of Aperture Cards (195K) of which less than 10% have been scanned (16K). We did not try to obtain numbers for all those in the legal sized file cabinets nor in the collection of rolled drawings.

To the right of this picture of the stairs, there’s the walk through exit door through the building's rear wall. To the right of that door (west) they’ve built a kitchen and a restroom (with access from a hall that would be directly behind the photographer). The main ground floor area is to the left of this picture but I didn’t snap a picture of it.

The Grand Opening was a great success. We definitely had a great time. Rosemary was “wow’ed” by what’s been accomplished – we all were.

That’s my quick report.

Buck

Attachments

• outside Archive.JPG
    outside Archive.JPG
    486.1 KB · Views: 154
  • entry.JPG
    entry.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 164
  • boardroom.JPG
    boardroom.JPG
    424.4 KB · Views: 157
  • mezzaine.JPG
    mezzaine.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 160
  • stairs.JPG
    stairs.JPG
    374.3 KB · Views: 172

Doug C

Gold forum user
Buck, thanks for sharing and keeping us informed. I have to say these photo's confirm that a lot more has been accomplished than I ever imagined.

Safe travels home - Doug