Wiper Motor alternative

ktwhite

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
My wiper motor stopped working on my Tiger. Found a few places online that will rebuild but for about $300. My cable was also bad. Discovered Car Builder Solutions in the UK. They sell a 2 speed motor similar to the original. Comes with cable, tubing, motor and wheel houses. The wheel house's wont work since there too short. But everything else does. Had to take a piece of sheet metal and weld to the original bracket to make it fit, but it was easy. Shipping and wiper unit from UK to Cali. was about $260.00. The new motor is electromagnetic as well, no brushes. If originality is not of most importance, I think this is a nice change. Sorry my pictures came out 90 degrees off.
carbuildersolutions.com

Attachments

• IMG_2658.jpg
    IMG_2658.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_2672.jpg
    IMG_2672.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_2675.jpg
    IMG_2675.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 212

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nicely done! I appreciate the knowledge for suitable alternatives or bolt on upgrades. The fact that it is cost effective and likely a functional improvement is a plus. Thanks for sharing!
-Kevin

nedmar

Bronze forum user
How's the performance of their wiper motor? Need to replace the stock wiper motor on my car soon.

ktwhite

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I have not been able to put the motor through a lot of testing. Car is still being built but I do go out and test everything every two weeks to check functioning of components. It is strong and quite. If one is to be purchased they need to know the degree of sweep. I bought 130 degree and based that upon where the wiper left a mark on my windshield from many years. Original motor didn’t work so I could go off of it. Check your car to make sure.