wire harness engine compartment fender clips

W_Pierzga

New forum user
Hi

Would someone point me to a source for "u-shaped' OEM spring clips that hold the wire harness to the fenders in the engine compartment?

Thanks
Wayne

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Hi

Would someone point me to a source for "u-shaped' OEM spring clips that hold the wire harness to the fenders in the engine compartment?

Thanks
Wayne
How many would you like? I have tons... these were also used in the trunk behind the panels that hide the fuel tank transfer pipe... they were used for the rear part of the wiring harness...

LoadToad

Bronze forum user
How many would you like? I have tons... these were also used in the trunk behind the panels that hide the fuel tank transfer pipe... they were used for the rear part of the wiring harness...
Do you still have clips available? Would like as many needed to complete harness installation. We can use messenger to complete a transaction.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The first photo is of the clips used to hold the wiring harness to the inner fenders of the engine compartment. The small tab is inserted into the small round opening in the inner fender and pushed upwards to secure them. There were others that had a clip like a speed nut that were used in areas in the rear of the car where they could be pushed onto a flat surface such as the sheet metal of the opening where the fuel tank cross tubes are. Series 4 and earlier Alpines with a ballast resister had a wire that ran from the starter solenoid to the coil to supply full 12 volts to the coil for easier starting . They had a flat clip with rounded corners that pushed onto the front flange of the bulk head.

110_1764.JPG

110_1766.JPG

110_1771.JPG

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
The smaller "push on" type clip was also used on the wiring for the horns and one for the w/s washer hose from the reservoir at the firewall...