Wiring Harness

Port289

New forum user
CAT Member
I am starting to re-assemble my 1965 Mark I, B9470654 after complete, & I mean complete tear down. The harness removed must be replaced. Would someone with re-wiring experience please comment: Which is the better quality /easier harness to install? A Tiger harness from Sunbeam Specialties or a painless wiring harness ? Thank you, Porter, Santa Barbara

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I installed a SS version and was happy with the quality and it wasn't too hard to install. Before I installed it, I laid it out on the floor and went over every wire using a CAT wiring diagram and a multi meter. This allowed me to become familiar with it and have confidence installing it. Every wire has two ends so when I knew where both went and where they were to be located, things seemed logical.
I can't speak to the other option.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I am starting to re-assemble my 1965 Mark I, B9470654 after complete, & I mean complete tear down. The harness removed must be replaced. Would someone with re-wiring experience please comment: Which is the better quality /easier harness to install? A Tiger harness from Sunbeam Specialties or a painless wiring harness ? Thank you, Porter, Santa Barbara
definitely the one from Sunbeam Specialties. His source is Autosparks in the UK. The very same harness is sold by British Wiring, I believe they are in Illinois. I get my harnesses from them when Rick is out of stock. The only problem with the Autosparks harnesses is that they use mini bulbs instead of the original type. You can pretty easily save your old ones and integrate them into the harness. if you've lost the original sockets, I have spares. Te only ones that are wrong are for the dash idiot lights and maybe the clock.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This photo is the main front harness of the last one I bought from Rick. It is a little different since it's for a right hand drive car. Regardless of the company that may have made it, it is good quality. No problems with the instrument lights.

109_0742.JPG

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
My can had a painless wiring harness in it when I bought it. I looked into what it would take to finish wiring the car with it, and it looked like anything but painless. You are pretty much on your own, with no diagrams to go by, and no original connectors, so I ripped it out. I bought one of the SS harnesses and with the CAT diagrams, it was pretty straight-forward to install and get everything working.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
My can had a painless wiring harness in it when I bought it. I looked into what it would take to finish wiring the car with it, and it looked like anything but painless. You are pretty much on your own, with no diagrams to go by, and no original connectors, so I ripped it out. I bought one of the SS harnesses and with the CAT diagrams, it was pretty straight-forward to install and get everything working.
it's easy and straight forward. if you have questions with routing, let me know. you will need to replace the light sockets for the idiot lights if you want to use the original type bulbs