A worthy restoration

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Although we are winding down the empire over the next couple of years, the serial # of this one kinda made it a mandatory gotta do . . . . . . surprisingly correct for it's age with the usual pre-owned abuses here & there. First, it gets stripped bare, then off to the blasters & welders. Stay tuned over the next few months. Who has a correct sample or color code for #92?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

randy,
contact doug jennings. i know he restored a white tiger a few years back so maybe he knows what to use.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Knowledge Sourcing

randy,
contact doug jennings. i know he restored a white tiger a few years back so maybe he knows what to use.

Yup, and he's as old, mean & ornery as I am . . . . . .thx guys

Warren

Gold forum user
Toxic

All the wussies in California would be moaning about what looks like mold on the car....... I was squashing black widows and sweeping away Hunta virus laden rodent poo on the Sunburnt Beams this weekend .. Nuttin a little bleach and bug juice won't cure.

Very nice tease now add some more pics.. Quite clearly the car was from a non smoking household without pets and never driven in the rain, and was "the wife's car,"

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
No. 4 that went down Rootes/Jensen line? It's a keeper for sure.

far fromt the fourth down the line.. its a MKIA .. fourth MKIA down the line :cool:

Randy... does this car have a round boot with square doors and bonnet?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The shape of things

far fromt the fourth down the line.. its a MKIA .. fourth MKIA down the line :cool:

Randy... does this car have a round boot with square doors and bonnet?

Yup: A nice round fanny with all the rest sorta square. Once I get the owner's permission (IF?), we will post photos of the ugly beginnings.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Pleasing to find this

Aged & wounded but correct & in exactly the right places.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

randy,
what's the body like?
duke,
there aren't any secrets.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It's Got Body !!

randy,
what's the body like?
duke,
there aren't any secrets.

The carcass is very solid from being well stored by the 2 previous owners. There is surface rust and blisters in the usual places showing thru a repaint from decades ago, Some typical war wounds including a very old impact repair to the right side "A" post and sill. The Guru will duplicate the original with new metal to keep it as mother Rootes intended. The discoloration in the "A" post corner and floor is not rust but a lot of trim adhesive. The front valence is solid but has been bent too many times from "braille" parking events. I hope to find a solid original before we make one.

Last edited:

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

randy,
i have a set of A post repair panels that we have no use for. i got them from the UK a long time ago.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
More parts

randy,
i have a set of A post repair panels that we have no use for. i got them from the UK a long time ago.

Always lookin' for parts & pieces; send pics & other info $$$ to my e-mail when you're in the mood < willett581@msn.com > anytime the old Guru doesn't have to bang on tin means more fishun' thx

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

randy,
i will have to send photos next week. carlisle import will occupy me the rest of the week.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Carving the hard way

Some 3 decades back, someone yanked the motor with a bit of impatience and peeled the hinge panel about as bad as I've seen it . . . . . .We're on the lookout for a good quality donor piece.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nude Tanning

Thought we had misplaced the little kitten, but found her out back sunbathing in the nude. Waiting a turn on the frame table to yank back the hidden A-post and bulkhead crunch. The 3 decades old body work had nicely skinned over the ouch. Now we get to take it all apart and set it right. Can't be heroes unless we make it look difficult . . . . . . . . .