1966 Tiger garage find

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It is 2" with 24" mufflers. Looks to be complete minus tips. I really like the look of the slant cut chrome tips on the existing exhaust, so that will be replicated either way. (if someone has info on something similar in a 2" please let me know.)

I was told to ask, so here I am asking. Good idea/bad idea/indifferent? Buy the SS replacement?

TIA

Klaus and Cary
As discussed above looks like the option LAT 73 2" free flow exhausts.

The angle cut chromed tips were the stock exhaust ( note not added tips.. But actaully chromed the exhaust pipe back about 12")

Given you are not really trying to maintain the impressive originality of your car ( its your car) i think you could sell the original LAT to someone here ...especially useful for someone buying C.A.T's new repro side out headers and then fit a stainless system from one of the Sunbeam suppliers.. At least the exhausts are a bolt on/off.. So no irreversible modification.

Klaus and Cary

Silver forum user
CAT Member
As discussed above looks like the option LAT 73 2" free flow exhausts.

The angle cut chromed tips were the stock exhaust ( note not added tips.. But actaully chromed the exhaust pipe back about 12")

Given you are not really trying to maintain the impressive originality of your car ( its your car) i think you could sell the original LAT to someone here ...especially useful for someone buying C.A.T's new repro side out headers and then fit a stainless system from one of the Sunbeam suppliers.. At least the exhausts are a bolt on/off.. So no irreversible modification.

From digging through the Tiger Tales we have it looks as though CAT offered a similar 2" free flow exhaust. Is this something that is easily discernable between the two? I have found no markings on any of the pieces, including the mufflers.

It is not a matter of trying to maintain the originality. It's current state is unusable as a driver in my opinion. Sure I could putt it around the block, but I would not feel ok on the open road or freeway. And that's saying a lot considering how the bronco drives.

The seats were falling apart. The interior has already been painted. The rubber is falling off, yes literally falling off every time we open and close the doors. The headliner is ripped and drooping. I have found only one piece of original braided fuel line on the car and two hose clamps and the fuel line was leaking and on and on and on. I knew this going into it

Yes we added the tag where it should not have been. That was definitely a mistake. I do think that this may essentially become a tribute car for the PO. We will work to make it the car he wanted, then give it to he and his wife for a week to take up and down the coast if they want.

Klaus and Cary

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Quick update. Showed the car for the first time back in September. Local Lyons club show. They asked if I would display it at the local mall to drum up interest. We recieved a lot of questions when we were parking it.

Also, even though the QR code used for voting listed us in the wrong category (sports car rather than survivor) we placed third in the survivor class.
Tiger at Mall.jpg