Alpine and Tiger windshields

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
The windshields now show as B/O and the price is $50.00 higher.
I seriously doubt that they will restock them. My understanding is, at present Moss will integrate whatever parts that cross over into their existing lines and sell by close out those items that are safe to sell.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I seriously doubt that they will restock them. My understanding is, at present Moss will integrate whatever parts that cross over into their existing lines and sell by close out those items that are safe to sell.
I would say they're now NLA so at what point does the new value of the windshields recently bought start to show?

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I wonder how many new owners of those windshields will experience what an enjoyable job it is to install the new windshield and if they can obtain a good windshield seal that fits or even the quality of the new windshield compared to the old one. Post your experience of your installation

Last edited:

woody6

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I put the glass on the frame without the gasket, then used painters tape and a sharpie to make left/right alignment marks on the glass and on the frame. Despite this, it took 3-4 attempts before I was able to pull the rope to draw the gasket into the frame all the way around. I recommend patience and a liberal application of hand soap to the frame.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I put the glass on the frame without the gasket, then used painters tape and a sharpie to make left/right alignment marks on the glass and on the frame. Despite this, it took 3-4 attempts before I was able to pull the rope to draw the gasket into the frame all the way around. I recommend patience and a liberal application of hand soap to the frame.
Dawn dishwashing detergent is my helper for w/s installs!!

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It helps to live where there are family owned glass shops. The local shop has been around since the late 60's, is now run by the original owne'rs sons and have installed several windshields in our Sunbeams. They cut door windows for our last Harrington and sent them off to LOF in Columbus to temper them. They also cut down windshields for street rods. It eliminates frustration so look around.

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Do you think they sold 73 windshields since June 10th? That's a lot more than I would have expected.
If only 10% of Alpines/Tigers have survived, that’s over 7,000 cars. Most could likely use a new windshield. 73 windshields are 1% of the surviving population. I’m surprised they didn’t sell out in one day!
Rick

Agent 861

Silver forum user
CAT Member
If only 10% of Alpines/Tigers have survived, that’s over 7,000 cars. Most could likely use a new windshield. 73 windshields are 1% of the surviving population. I’m surprised they didn’t sell out in one day!
Rick
Yep -But remember not all of us live in the States - International postage rates mean for some of us the luxury of having a spare windsheild was simply not affordable !