Alpine and Tiger windshields

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Wonder how many will end up in the landfill because the widowers did not know what to do with them after sitting in the garage collecting dust and a constant hazard on the walkway to the house

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Wonder how many will end up in the landfill because the widowers did not know what to do with them after sitting in the garage collecting dust and a constant hazard on the walkway to the house
That's a possibility! We have three buildings full of parts plus the shop, the house attic and the storage unit that are full of Sunbeam parts. My wife has said that if I go before her then she'll just call a friend down south to bring his check book and come get all of the parts.

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
That's a possibility! We have three buildings full of parts plus the shop, the house attic and the storage unit that are full of Sunbeam parts. My wife has said that if I go before her then she'll just call a friend down south to bring his check book and come get all of the parts.
I guess the friend has at least 3 plus empty storage buildings ! But I hope it does not come to that 😊

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I guess there are going to be a lot of Sunbeams with nice shiny new windshield’s on the road , but what do you do with that original one that has a small wiper scratch on it ?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I guess there are going to be a lot of Sunbeams with nice shiny new windshield’s on the road , but what do you do with that original one that has a small wiper scratch on it ?
Our cars don't have a windshield problem. I told her they could be bought and I asked her if I could order one for a spare just in case. She said to order two just in case we might need them. Scratches can be buffed out if not too deep.

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Looks like the windshield are now showing BO. Thanks again for the heads up, I got one delivered last week.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Looks like the windshield are now showing BO. Thanks again for the heads up, I got one delivered last week.
I was told last week that they had maybe 8 or 9 left plus they had run out of shipping boxes. Does that mean they sold out or haven't received the shipping boxes yet.

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Yesterday the site still had option to purchase, this morning shows BO. Guessing they are out, just my opinion

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Do you think they sold 73 windshields since June 10th? That's a lot more than I would have expected.

Klaus and Cary

Silver forum user
CAT Member
We bought one. There is a deep gouge in our passenger side from previous owner or the one before running the wipers with a bad blade and the metal gouging an arch in the WS. I know because I did the same thing to the bronco WS. Could only afford one, and it was more important to be on the driver side. :eek:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Do you think they sold 73 windshields since June 10th? That's a lot more than I would have expected.
Given the difficulties in sourcing a screen on demand I think lots of people grabbed while they could.

Several members here and on the SAOCA ordered more than 1 each

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I told Moss three years ago that they would sell everything they had in one week if the pricing was comparable with the VB pricing... Looks like I was spot on. Glad I bought a couple to store away!

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I told Moss three years ago that they would sell everything they had in one week if the pricing was comparable with the VB pricing... Looks like I was spot on. Glad I bought a couple to store away!
The windshields now show as B/O and the price is $50.00 higher.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I would say if they haven't sold all of them then there aren't many left. I know of several long time owners with more than one car that now have more than one stored away for future use if needed.