Fuel Pump Relocation

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
same as
It would be really helpful to know the size of the crossover tube threads, if you don't mind finding them.

Thanks!
same as the fittings for the Fuel pump... thought Rick had these. I know the compression nuts come with the lines from Classic Tube

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It would be really helpful to know the size of the crossover tube threads, if you don't mind finding them.

Thanks!
These comp nuts are 1/2 BSSP . The transfer nipple measures 1/2” diam and I suppose you could do the math and count the threads per inch with a good magnifier.

image.jpg

Last edited:

unbeam

Silver forum user
CAT Member
A good place for fittings is hoseandfittings.com. A number of BSPP fittings available. Did not search for the gauge, but it has info how to identify the correct fittings.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Call Classic Tube. 800.882.3711 They supply these fittings with their fuel line kits, they'd probably sell you just the fittings if you ask nice!

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
BSPP British standard parallel pipe. BPST is a tapered thread and will not work.
Yup. The British do have a different nomenclature than what is used in the US. There is both straight and taper pipe threads used in the US but why the British used the term parallel and the US use straight is beyond my thinking. Do you know if the fittings can be interchanged and. Does the US use 55 degrees or 60 degrees