Looking for Repro Cobra Rims

cleistertiger

Bronze forum user
So Cliff convinced me to go with 15" rims instead of 16".....I love these rims but they don't come in 4x108 bolt pattern....I've seen them on Tigers and not the PS Engineering wheels that cost a fortune....anyone have a line on where I can get this style wheel in the right bolt pattern 15"?

https://legendarywheel.com/product/lw90/

Thanks
Chris

lw90

Attachments

• Legendary LW90.jpg
    Legendary LW90.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 88

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
15" Cobra Wheels

You mean like these? 10 years ago I restored a Tiger for a friend and he put on these wheels. He got PS Engineering to tweek his front wheels to reduce the front track width.

Gary

Attachments

• Front Right.jpg
    Front Right.jpg
    831.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Back Left 2.jpg
    Back Left 2.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 172
  • Left Rear.jpg
    Left Rear.jpg
    587.6 KB · Views: 170
  • PANA0684.JPG
    PANA0684.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Wheels.jpg
    Wheels.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 173

cleistertiger

Bronze forum user
PS Wheels

They are beautiful but they cost $500 a piece.....I'm looking for a more economical solution. A company called legendary wheels has them but they don't have a Tiger bolt pattern and are $130....anyone else out there seen any other vendors?

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Machining

A machinist friend of mine at work had a milling machine at home and shaved off 1/4 " from the backside of my aluminum wheels with no problem. They run true and straight.

I'm sure a competent machine shop could slot those mounting holes 1/8" to make the 4.25" bolt pattern.

Have you asked Legendary if they would offer a 4.25 pattern?

cleistertiger

Bronze forum user
No Luck

Yes...asked them...they said they were going to run a batch with
Tiger bolt pattern if they got a good response to the wheels....said response has been poor and they are going to discontinue....still looking

1966 TGR

Gold forum user
CAT Member
These are really nice. Don't give up. I had a set of x 4-1/2 Ansen slot mags machined to accept 4 x 4-1/4. WHeels are either hub-centric or stud-centric. If the wheels are hub-centric, meaning that the axle hub is a precise fit into the center hole of the wheel, they will be concentric. If there is a mismatch between the O.D. of the TIger hub and the I.D. of the wheel center hole, www.justforwheels.com will make a custom set of adapter rings, for around $30. I found that the rear wheels were not as critical and that the elongated slots aligned the wheel just fine, no vibration. It looks like these wheels use shank type lug nuts which would make this feasible. Stud-centric wheels depend on conical lug nuts to center the wheel between the studs. If these wheels are stud-centric, I think you are out of luck.

1966 TGR

Gold forum user
CAT Member
adapter ring photo

adapter ring photo attached, I think

Attachments

• DSC_9149.JPG
    DSC_9149.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 169

AshUK

Silver forum user
You could always convert your hubs to 5 lug fitment but I don't think those wheels will fit inside the front fenders due to the offset. You only have roughly 2.5" from the bolt face to the front fender edge so ideally you would go for a 6" wide rim with -1" (24mm) offset.