Parts Resourcing

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
$39600 plus shipping if you buy them all
well no VAT, but they would ding me for 8.4% sales tax! and I probably wouldn't get free shipping, though I should. They aren't even sure which container the stuff is in. Basically, I was told they are understaffed and not really motivated to deal with a line they were never interested in to start with...

Slow sales was the rationale... I suppose sales would be slow... when you won't sell the stuff..... guess I am not enough of a capitalist to be able to figure this out.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
well no VAT, but they would ding me for 8.4% sales tax! and I probably wouldn't get free shipping, though I should. They aren't even sure which container the stuff is in. Basically, I was told they are understaffed and not really motivated to deal with a line they were never interested in to start with...

Slow sales was the rationale... I suppose sales would be slow... when you won't sell the stuff..... guess I am not enough of a capitalist to be able to figure this out.
In the last maybe 10 years there were very few products that VB sold for Sunbeams that were even close to being usable. Wasn't VB a British Heritage dealer? Items for other marques may have been comparable to what Moss and others were selling. They were really bad mouthed by many owners on other Sunbeam forums. The repair panels became trash at least 15 to 20 years ago. Moss probably knows this so why would they want to sell items that would tarnish the Moss name?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
In the last maybe 10 years there were very few products that VB sold for Sunbeams that were even close to being usable. Wasn't VB a British Heritage dealer? Items for other marques may have been comparable to what Moss and others were selling. They were really bad mouthed by many owners on other Sunbeam forums. The repair panels became trash at least 15 to 20 years ago. Moss probably knows this so why would they want to sell items that would tarnish the Moss name?
I agree, there is a lot of that. The interior trim and sheetmetal parts were garbage. But the brake (all TR4a) and suspension parts were fine.. I used it when SS or Moss was out of stock.... and they had the best prices on w/s anywhere. I use Howarth in the UK for sheetmetal parts... always fits.

Moss has already sorted stuff that fits, MG, Healey and TR and integrated it into their stock....

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I agree, there is a lot of that. The interior trim and sheetmetal parts were garbage. But the brake (all TR4a) and suspension parts were fine.. I used it when SS or Moss was out of stock.... and they had the best prices on w/s anywhere. I use Howarth in the UK for sheetmetal parts... always fits.

Moss has already sorted stuff that fits, MG, Healey and TR and integrated it into their stock....
The rubber trim they sold wasn't even close. I agree with you on the hydraulics. The last few sets of wheel cylinders I bought from VB were the same that I've bought from another supplier and the repair kits didn't appear to be different. Several years back I had bought bushings for a late suspension from VB because the other suppliers were out of stock and when Doug checked to see if they fit we threw them in the trash due to being too big to install. Tie rod ends seem to be fine. When we restored the series 4 about 10 years ago I bought a couple Rob Martel panels from Randy Willet. I have no idea if he still has any left.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The rubber trim they sold wasn't even close. I agree with you on the hydraulics. The last few sets of wheel cylinders I bought from VB were the same that I've bought from another supplier and the repair kits didn't appear to be different. Several years back I had bought bushings for a late suspension from VB because the other suppliers were out of stock and when Doug checked to see if they fit we threw them in the trash due to being too big to install. Tie rod ends seem to be fine. When we restored the series 4 about 10 years ago I bought a couple Rob Martel panels from Randy Willet. I have no idea if he still has any left.
We work on all the wee Brit critters along with muscle & pick-up toys. I have sent many things back to Moss as inferior products. Other stuff they have is OK. Getting the full refund out of them takes a bit of patience. Just sayin'

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
We work on all the wee Brit critters along with muscle & pick-up toys. I have sent many things back to Moss as inferior products. Other stuff they have is OK. Getting the full refund out of them takes a bit of patience. Just sayin'
Having this parts stash of new stuff gives me a sense of security since I don't have to depend on the current market for parts. The cabinets are full of parts and there's a lot more used parts stashed in four other buildings. Then there's the attic.
103_0086.JPG