Prices of Parts For Sale

Hoghead

Gold forum user
My 2 sets are both cast as MRC racing.
Murray Cliff (Racing) was well known in the Vancouver Tiger scene, and several of us here remember going to his Moms basement to buy parts. He was the first provider of original Tiger performance parts in Vancouver

It was a long time ago, and if my addled seniors memory recalls correctly:
Murray bought all the Shelby moulds and had parts cast at Nyes Foundry in Vancouver. I remember a pile of Tiger and Cobra bellhousings, Tiger intakes, and assorted Tiger/Cobra sumps, in his basement around 1973, but in those days I could not afford to buy anything but valve covers and after saving up for months, a Lakewood scattershield. At the time I, and my mates all foolishly scorned the sump at being too low - had we only known.
Murray subsequently sold those original valve cover moulds, and they are now re-labelled back to Buddy Bar - a simple insert in the mould

So which is original - Buddy Bar pre the Shelby sale to Murray, MRC Racing, or the "new Buddy Bar"?
Is MRC or for that matter a Gen 2 Buddy Bar original? I see the odd uninformed post degrading MRC as being copies and can only wonder...............Is new now old, and somehow original?
If all are from the same wide flange mould are they all original? Is a Buddy Gen 2 original, or more (or less) original than MRC?

My mate Glen was over the other day and noticed right off that my valve covers on both my cars are original, simply by looking at the flange. An impressive bit of arcane knowledge, as apparently Buddy Gen 1 and MRC have a narrow flange. Reproductions have a wide flange to compensate for casting shrinkage. Glen did not comment on Gen 2 Buddy castings.

As an aside, Murray made Doane Spencer style rear disc brakes and had them cast at Nyes Foundry in Vancouver. I dealt with Nyles in my past life, and by the time I was making my rear discs in the early 80's those moulds could not be found, so I paid to make another set of moulds. I then made about 12 sets of rear discs for myself and mates, and still have my pre CAD hand drawings. Nyes went out of business along with my moulds.
Sadly Nyes, and Murray are long gone....................

Last edited:

Warren

Gold forum user
The casting's were marked on the inside. Using the old label maker with the plastic tape that was colored and as you spelled each letter squeezed it spell Dymo Label maker or Buddy Bar.
We used to make copies of Hurst T handle shifter, and Webco two stroke frame mounted spark plug holders. Love to have all the tools that was in the old metal shop.

GearHead_66

Bronze forum user
It would be a fine thing to see all the tools and equipment I remember from my old machine shop days sitting in my own shop now. Alas...