Seat recline lever knob

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sorry for dumb questions, does it dry like a rubber or more like plastic. ?can it be sanded if there are any imperfections between 'dips'

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I don't think it's a dumb question at all. I'm also restoring my handles and am wondering what the composition was like originally. They don't seem like a rigid plastic but at this point mine are much harder than the plastic dip materials.
I am lucky that mine just had some minor pitting on the tops which I filled and then painted.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sorry for dumb questions, does it dry like a rubber or more like plastic. ?can it be sanded if there are any imperfections between 'dips'
I just tried sanding and it does. It dulls the finish, but one mor dip will make it the same lustre.
Try it. The can only cost $10 at Ace Hardware. Interesting stuff.

GPNVCAT

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I think I did three dips and let each coat dry over night. The surface is pretty darn hard but not quite a plastic feel. At a glance you cannot tell the difference. I'm very satisfied with the results.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Here is a photo of my completed seats with plasti-dip handles. I think they came out nicely.

5EE34EFE-713E-444C-B33A-BCB893564460.jpeg

Last edited:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Just tried the replacement plastic from DLM and:
Slipped them on handles that were bead blasted and given a light coating of zinc/galvi paint. Fit nicely with what felt like a slight taper as it bottomed tighter.
My opinion is a good effort. See his contact info in these threads.

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Just tried the replacement plastic from DLM and:
Slipped them on handles that were bead blasted and given a light coating of zinc/galvi paint. Fit nicely with what felt like a slight taper as it bottomed tighter.
My opinion is a good effort. See his contact info in these threads.
Hi Randy:
I can't find DLM contact info anywhere in this thread. Could you provide it please? Thanks.
Rick

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
I got my pair yesterday. they fit perfectly and look really nice.

Thanks for making a much needed product available to the Tiger community!