Sold at Owl's Head Auctions

Warren

Gold forum user
Resale white may be more than just a name from my automotive design studio pal.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Its a very nice car.. And a fresh resto.. But there are a few small ( but obvious) things wrong with it.. And for that price...

The soft top boot isnt installed correctly (not at all on the front it appears) and the straps are on the outside, the screen A post is missing a seal each side and the furflex trim. lighter and clock incorrect, hinge screws are unfinished, door trims not heat seamed pattern and the GT door top rolls just home done.Steel wheels wrong colour, oil filter cap incorrect... Nothing major... Is a super nice car... But it got big $ in the current market

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Its a very nice car.. And a fresh resto.. But there are a few small ( but obvious) things wrong with it.. And for that price...

The soft top boot isnt installed correctly (not at all on the front it appears) and the straps are on the outside, the screen A post is missing a seal each side and the furflex trim. lighter and clock incorrect, hinge screws are unfinished, door trims not heat seamed pattern and the GT door top rolls just home done.Steel wheels wrong colour, oil filter cap incorrect... Nothing major... Is a super nice car... But it got big $ in the current market
Owl's Head Transportation Museum has an "attitude" where $$$ are assumed. Not elite or snobby but disposable incomes are the norm.

kenmat

Silver forum user
CAT Member
This car ( with a stock hood) competed in the Stock Concour Class at the Tigers United 2019 event in Sacramento Ca. It did not place in the top three. In person the color is very yellow...definitely not Polar White.

Warren

Gold forum user
Obvious like the wrong clock oh wait I'm not the clock guy :)
Badly faded red ignition light wing nut on AC housing. Oil filter cap.
Wrong lighter and so on.
I heard a car MK2 sold in the same upstate area for way bigger $ so go figure.

Last edited:

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I will have more of these soon-will take some to SUNI!

Alloy Tiger heads.jpg

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rick at SS told me at one time that he can't get trim items heat pleated. That may account for the door panels. This car may not be totally stock but is a really nice Personalized car. Does anyone know who the buyer is? It's apparent that he liked it and had the means to buy it. We've seen that happen before.

Warren

Gold forum user
Oops switches are off in the raised position. The logic I heard on British toggle switch is if on in down position they won't get accidentally shut of as you fumble about the dash on a dark road.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Warren, how is the air cleaner supposed to be attached to the cab if not a wing nut?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Oops switches are off in the raised position. The logic I heard on British toggle switch is if on in down position they won't get accidentally shut of as you fumble about the dash on a dark road.
Dim, Flicker, Off.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yup.. Same as light switches in a house in UK and collonies ;)

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Has anyone tried horizontal yet ?
There were a lot of pull switches on earlier cars. Pull to turn on, push to shut off. You could turn the standard switch sideways and then it would be horizontal

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes, Warren, I noticed the wrong clock also.... I don't believe that was in there when Lee P. had the car.
I've heard hat the Owl Head Tiger is staying east with a collector in MA.
Its only 5 numbers off my VIN and both originally sold at Import Motors, Longbeach, CA. At $148,500 I just might be tempted to sell.

Warren

Gold forum user
Lee went to an extreme to make the car pass for an original paint example. Painting 2 or 3 fenders.
Lee was a hobby vendor with the clocks, can't imagine how the wrong one got in there.