Sold at Owl's Head Auctions

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
That thing is right up there with the 'crooked trim' car lol
Both had a lot of things 'wrong' for what I consider 'over the top' $$ for any MK1a

https://www.goodingco.com/lot/1967-sunbeam-tiger-mk-ia/
I think that comparison is a bit unfair.. The blue car was a real mess that sold for strong money for a good car...

This white one looks like a good car but lots of small details and unfinished bits.. Not hard to sort.. But for the money i think shouldn't need too... Rhe blue one... You'd need to start again

Warren

Gold forum user
I never saw that crooked trim car in person. One thing that takes a lot of head scratching is pinning a value on a pretty clean car that was original paint and never really been effed with. And flat out didn't need to be restored. Lee's car was barely picked over for its wonderful parts prior to sale with exception of the toolkit, sold separately for an off ePay record. It must be nice to be able to pay that kind of money for tools you'll never use.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
. Lee's car was barely picked over for its wonderful parts prior to sale with exception of the toolkit, sold separately for an off ePay record. It must be nice to be able to pay that kind of money for tools you'll never use.
Disappointing someone would have parted out parts off a survivor they were flipping anyway... But then again for some its more the $ than the hobby

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I would have gone to the Owl's Head affair except for the insane bottle-neck traffic trying to escape the single Bay Road out. There is a small clam & hot dog shack at the final crossroads that the owner uses to fund his palace in the islands. Working a six week year ain't all that bad a program.