Vacuum advance tube cannisters. Old Ford blue

Warren

Gold forum user
Is there a good source in a rattle can for old Ford blue Look how nice and dark this one is in the picture.
Also how about the tube and the vacuum canister on this distributor in the picture which I understand isn't the correct one. Looked and looked online to no avail.

IMG_20210727_083717.jpg

SunbeamTgr

Silver forum user
CAT Member
The Vacuum Advance has been replaced with a nipple style, eliminating the female fitting and using a vacuum hose connector. The metal tube seems to be original with the end removed to accommodate the vacuum hose.

Warren

Gold forum user
Thanks Gary, got any source for the early style vaccum advance? Here's what came on the car.

IMG_20190708_154557.jpg

Warren

Gold forum user
Great website hope it can put a dent in eBay's business..
That is the NLA model that's correct for the later cars. Likely I will have the Shelby branded distributor shown in the earlier picture reconditioned and convert to Pertronix. I had a full centrifugal in my first Tiger and it was the VW 009 of choice in my sleeping air cooled car.

Had a conversation with my techie motor types and 2 say don't think a full centrifugal is good on a street car. Then there's the MK2 owner of 30 something years who says they are great.

Warren

Gold forum user
That's the same one I have that got BAD written across as I had handed several to Dan W. for testing. Like to hear other proponents of the full centrifugal on a stock motor.

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I run stock DP mech advance on the MKII. Works great for the stock look. Lots of advantages (reliability, fuel econ, etc) to updating to Pertronix but I'm not ready.

dpdist.jpg

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi Warren, I have had my car with the Ford FOMOCO dual point in it for almost 38 years (it was in the car when I bought it) I had it serviced back in 1990, my friend put new bearings in at that time, cleaned it up and checked the springs and weights. It has run flawlessly since. I’ve changed the points a few times which probably didn’t need it, but I have, and as far as reliability goes .....no problem what so ever. I drive my car in the city and on the highway. I guess people can have problems with just about anything, if they take it to a guy and he say’s “let me have a crack at that” or “ I’ve never done one before, can’t be too hard”, then maybe he’s not your man. It’s getting a little tougher to find the skill set to work on things I’m unfamiliar with, but they are out there. When ever someone has worn out components like brake boosters, carburetors, alternators, starters, distributors etc; they are amazed that when they buy a new one it works much better. If you have them serviced correctly you would find the same result. I’m just fine with points😉 You will find the dual point available back in the day included in the LAT 20 Hi Performance Camshaft Kit.

A6722C4D-1229-4F1C-9E3C-55CE03EBF2BD.jpeg

Warren

Gold forum user
Thanks for the reply Brian and the call yesterday.
Here's another snap of mine. I was hoping for a picture of the DP distributor. As the Mustangtek page says there's a few of them.
This one's got 96,000 ish miles on it. According to the original owner of the MK2 it was modded right away. It may have been retro modded back to a std cam set up as owner no.2 used the car for commuting per conversation.

If anyone is interested I can have my printer buddy fab up the sticker seen on the picture.

PXL_20210729_231908161.jpg

PXL_20210729_231837078.jpg

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member

Warren

Gold forum user
Great was unsure other than early cars black then later cars in blue. The oil pan looks to have been off the car and is old Ford blue.
The rest of the remaining paint is Corporate Blue.
I've got the car back together now so we are doing the technicolor theme ;)

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Depending on the source you read and there are many, for Ford engine colours there is a Light Ford Blue or Bright Blue as it’s sometimes called- up to 1965 for some Fords, Ford Corporate Blue 1966-67 and Ford Dark Blue 1968-81 and another engine paint called Old Ford Blue (not sure where this fits in) If memory serves me correct years ago I had heard that Ford Corporate blue was a period correct engine paint, or not the light blue or dark blue but the medium shade if that makes sense. Anybody have any input here?

Warren

Gold forum user
The motor was a the dark corporate blue, although I did not get the original water pump with the car. The first picture is a recent Dale's Restorations MK2.
The cast iron pump survived close to the Pacific ocean for a couple years inside the garage but I had to put something on it to get it back together. I have some left about the timing cover but the oil pan was resprayed probably when it had a cam change back to a stock spec. Second owner is fuzzy on his old car sold in 1977.

KeithE

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Warren,
I would be interested in getting that shelby distributor sticker
By the way, I said screw california, I just moved to Dallas.