Insurance quotes

Agent 861

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Agent 861, who are you insured with in New Zealand. I am with Classic Cover and it is $500 for $50K cover, although it is quite modified.
I think that is expensive -If you are a member of the Vintage Car Club you get cheap insurance via Vero -The Tiger is insured for $165K and the premuim is much less than that I also have my 1910 Hupmobile ,1930 Model A, 1934 Fordor and 67 Alpine also insured with them and the total premuim I think is slightly over $1000 with no conditions. Its about $100 per year to join the VCC and you get the magazine Beaded Wheels for free -Karl

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just drove up the entire east cost from Florida to Maine. $3.25 - $3.75 /gal.
Here in McKinney, TX gas ranges from $2.85 at KROGER with discount card to $3.15 at most gas stations.

Rick

Agent 861

Silver forum user
CAT Member
There's more to it than that. There are many refineries in and around L.A. but it's about $5 for 87 octane right now.
Interesting the lowest Octane for sale here in New Zealand is 91 Octane but 95 Octane with ethanol and 98% without are freely available (at a cost)

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Interesting the lowest Octane for sale here in New Zealand is 91 Octane but 95 Octane with ethanol and 98% without are freely available (at a cost)
There are two octane ratings used. Most countries use the RON ( research octane number ) versus the AKI ( anti knock index ) that is used in the U.S. and Canada. The AKI octane number is usually 4 to 8 numbers lower than the RON number.

Agent 861

Silver forum user
CAT Member
There are two octane ratings used. Most countries use the RON ( research octane number ) versus the AKI ( anti knock index ) that is used in the U.S. and Canada. The AKI octane number is usually 4 to 8 numbers lower than the RON number.
Thank you thats something I didn't know