Lucky find

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Its sad you looking at moving the car on.. Seems like a good and quite straight forward project, changed heart about finishing it off?

Onehot69

Bronze forum user
Its sad you looking at moving the car on.. Seems like a good and quite straight forward project, changed heart about finishing it off?
I’m 43 years old. I have a 4yr old & a 6yr old. The last car I built took me almost 4 years. I’m a perfectionist. If I tear the car down, I’d be in it for several years. I don’t want to dedicate that time to cars anymore. This one deserves the treatment. I’m sure there’s someone out there who eats it more than me.

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I understand completely. My full on car restoration days were put on hold while we were raising the kids. My Tiger, which I bought when I was 17, sat waiting until I had the time available. I did get into restoring bicycles during those years. Much less time involved and the kids enjoyed it and got like new Schwinn Stingrays which everyone thought was cool. Now the kids are out on their own and my nut & bolt Tiger restoration is nearing completion.

Onehot69

Bronze forum user
Thx man. It’s not much of a choice. The kids need attention, and they are too young to care about cars.

Warren

Gold forum user
AKA Life gets in the way. 64VW conv. Taken apart 25 years ago for it's 3rd repaint ...
Sure there was the body shop loosing the 2 year specific window parts, but chitlin's, the grim reapers visit lots happens around the cars that become garage shelving...
Sure did the vintage bicycle thing...

I've seen this car close up. It's close to the I 15 on the edge of Riverside county.

Onehot69

Bronze forum user
AKA Life gets in the way. 64VW conv. Taken apart 25 years ago for it's 3rd repaint ...
Sure there was the body shop loosing the 2 year specific window parts, but chitlin's, the grim reapers visit lots happens around the cars that become garage shelving...
Sure did the vintage bicycle thing...

I've seen this car close up. It's close to the I 15 on the edge of Riverside county.
Hey warren! How goes it?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I’m 43 years old. I have a 4yr old & a 6yr old. The last car I built took me almost 4 years. I’m a perfectionist. If I tear the car down, I’d be in it for several years. I don’t want to dedicate that time to cars anymore. This one deserves the treatment. I’m sure there’s someone out there who eats it more than me.
Oh well.. Family priorities, that said.. .missing a great opportunity to get the kids involved.. They are perfect age for the project... Tigers have lots of small tight spaces... They are the ideal age to send them into those areas 😂

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Does a 4 year old or a 6 year old have an interest in fixing a car or is it being on the trampoline or playing with some other toy?

Warren

Gold forum user
Apparently some of us didn't see the N.H.T.S.A. commercial with the tag line, "a car is not a toy. "
Then there's the one's who've ignored the P.S.A. all together :)

Onehot69

Bronze forum user
Oh well.. Family priorities, that said.. .missing a great opportunity to get the kids involved.. They are perfect age for the project... Tigers have lots of small tight spaces... They are the ideal age to send them into those areas 😂
Everyone's circumstances are different. I know my limits. My kids are involved in equestrian, learning languages, ang self defense (Royce Gracie Jiu Jitsu) . These are all extra curricular activities out side of school. When my kids are home, we preferer to play with them and enjoy their company. When they are a bit older, there may be some opportunity there, but for now... they are spread far too thin and getting them under the car is just not a priority for now. They get their mechanical fix from their little 50cc motorcycles. They perform oil changes, and little things.

Onehot69

Bronze forum user
Does a 4 year old or a 6 year old have an interest in fixing a car or is it being on the trampoline or playing with some other toy?
Good question. My kids are obedient, and they also tend to demonstrate interest in the things I am interested in. But... because they are so young, they tend to try lots of things out, for short amounts of time. If there is something they like, they usually come back to it later. The more they come back to any particular activity, the more we learn what they like. Then we provide them with more of that if possible. Sometimes we have to motivate them, because not all activities may be fun. We teach then discipline and integrity this way. Having my kids work on the Tiger would be selfish of me. They are too little for now. I'm sure they prefer a trampoline as you said.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Good question. My kids are obedient, and they also tend to demonstrate interest in the things I am interested in. But... because they are so young, they tend to try lots of things out, for short amounts of time. If there is something they like, they usually come back to it later. The more they come back to any particular activity, the more we learn what they like. Then we provide them with more of that if possible. Sometimes we have to motivate them, because not all activities may be fun. We teach then discipline and integrity this way. Having my kids work on the Tiger would be selfish of me. They are too little for now. I'm sure they prefer a trampoline as you said.
The interest of the young generation of today is far different than when I was their age way back in the 50's. It sounds like you are raising your kids the right way. If only more parents would take the time.

Onehot69

Bronze forum user
The interest of the young generation of today is far different than when I was their age way back in the 50's. It sounds like you are raising your kids the right way. If only more parents would take the time.
Thank you. I don’t really know if I’m doing it right or not. I’m only trying to find a balance between heart & logic. Hoping for the best.

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thank you. I don’t really know if I’m doing it right or not. I’m only trying to find a balance between heart & logic. Hoping for the best.
Hear here. Trying to get his kids both interested AND willing to participate in older car restoration is how my dad ended up with a half dozen "collector cars" (on top of another group of actual running vehicles). None are any closer now to when they were collected. His Tiger on the other hand...only took me another 35 years or so to get it (partially) restored. He didnt live to see that. Youre making the right call for sure with Any hesitation. Good Dad-ing to you!

Onehot69

Bronze forum user
Hear here. Trying to get his kids both interested AND willing to participate in older car restoration is how my dad ended up with a half dozen "collector cars" (on top of another group of actual running vehicles). None are any closer now to when they were collected. His Tiger on the other hand...only took me another 35 years or so to get it (partially) restored. He didnt live to see that. Youre making the right call for sure with Any hesitation. Good Dad-ing to you!
Thank you

Warren

Gold forum user
Destroy the Pandora's box WWW unless you also have the time and brain power to be smarter than them :(

Clearly Michael is hopeful that we get some young blood in the group. But we all should recall this is a car for sale posting even though two car garage spots can be prime real estate in So. Cal.
:)